This fantastic programme is for students who are currently in year 13 or in their final year of Level 3 qualifications. Brightside’s online mentoring connects young people with inspirational role models, to help them make confident and informed decisions about their future.
Students will receive:
- 1:1, personalised support from a trained mentor
- Advice, guidance and resources to help them explore and prepare for their next steps
- An insight into Higher Education and student life, and the practical steps needed to get there
Who can take part:
Study Higher’s overall role is to work with those students who would most benefit from these opportunities. Therefore students taking part in this mentoring programme should:
– Study at a state maintained school in either Swindon, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire or Berkshire.
– Fall into one (or more) of the groups under-represented in higher education including:
- Students from areas of lower higher education participation, lower household income and/or lower socioeconomic status groups
- Some black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) students
- Mature students
- Disabled students (those in receipt of disabled students allowance (DSA) and those who have declared a disability but are not in receipt of DSA)
- Care leavers.
- Young Carers
- People estranged from their families
- People from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Children of military families.
Students or teachers can download one of out leaflets below for more information.