Date: Wednesday 9th November 2016
Time: 9.30am – 15.00pm
Location: Bucks New University, High Wycombe Campus
What is the Study Higher Pioneers Project?
The Study Higher Pioneers Project is a research-led project committed to supporting the progression of Pakistani and Bangladeshi girls within Higher Education and beyond by improving the Higher Education related information and guidance offered to girls from these communities.
What is the Study Higher Pioneers Conference?
The Pioneers Conference has been designed to help students to plan for their future by providing a taste of Higher Education. The event will focus on providing students with high-quality, impartial information and guidance about Higher Education and encourage students to begin thinking about their future careers. The Conference will include:
- Information on how to apply to Higher Education and Student Finance
- Interactive Careers workshop
- A Student Life Question and Answer session with current undergraduates
- A motivational session with inspirational female Role Models from a range of different careers
For details of the full programme, please see attached.
Who is the Conference for?
To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Pakistani or Bangladeshi ethnic origin, female and in Year 10
- Have the potential to achieve 5 GCSEs A* - C including English and Maths
Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- In receipt of free school meals and/or pupil premium
- Looked After Child/Care-Leaver status
- No parental experience of Higher Education (HE)
- Parents/carers employed in low socio economic categories
- Have a disability
- Young carer responsibility
How to apply:
If you are interested in attending the Study Higher Pioneers Conference with your students, please email Farhana Ghaffar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
We will be able to reimburse the costs of any external minibuses or coaches hired to travel to and from the Conference. Please note however that we are unable to reimburse petrol costs if you will be using your own minibus or coach.