Live Smart: Your Essential Guide to Living at University
Prepare for the transition to higher education and think about the life skills for living at university and beyond.
Get ready for university life and make the most of your time as a student
What do you think university life is like?
You probably have many questions about what to expect. This course will help you prepare for the best possible start, wherever you go.
You’ll hear practical advice on how to navigate university life from current students and staff as they give you an insight into the expectations vs reality, what support will be available, and common questions about what’s ahead.
Live Smart will help you to start making plans so that you can set goals for your future and build on the life skills that will help you make the most of your time at university and beyond.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Ready – Uni culture
- What is Higher Education?
- Discovering the difference between Further Education and Higher Education
- Understanding what an academic community is and how you’re part of it
- Knowing the people around you
Week 2: Set – Being independent at uni
- Practicalities: Accommodation, budgeting, food
- Socialising: What’s available for you
- Networking and developing connections in and out of uni
- Wellbeing: Exploring the support and resources available at university
Week 3: Go – To university and beyond
- Work/life balance
- Gaining and developing your personal and professional skills
- Finding opportunities in and out of university
- Knowing how you can make the most of your experience at uni
To register click the link at the top of the page