As well as providing your students with strategies to enhance their study skills and revision techniques, the Study Higher Year 11 Conference also aims to raise aspirations to motivate students to perform to the best of their ability. Students will experience a day on a university campus and have the opportunity to attend a subject-based workshop session to find out about new subjects they may not have come across at school.
- To introduce students to various study skill techniques, enabling them to put into practice their preferred method of revision
- To introduce students to new subjects that are available at higher education and how their current study will help them
- To boost student motivation and aspirations to help them succeed now and in the future
This event will be hosted at the University of Reading on Wednesday 2nd March, from 09:30 - 15:30 . A programme of the day can be downloaded below. The event itself is free to attend, and Study Higher will also fully fund coach/minibus travel to the conference. Please download our FAQ for more information on travel expenses. We will be able to to discuss the particulars with schools individually.
Please note: a parallel Study Higher Year 11 Progression Conference is being hosted at the University of Oxford on Tuesday 15 March 2016. Schools should attend only one event. For more information and to book onto the University of Oxford Conference click here.
The Year 11 Progression Conference is open to Year 11’s attending state schools in the Study Higher area
- Schools are invited to bring a maximum of 10 students. Students attending should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be eligible for free school meals
- Have parent(s)/guardian(s) who did not attend university
- Live in local authority care, or has lived in care
- Is a young carer
- Is disabled or has a specific learning difficulty
- Is of black or minority ethnic origin
How to book
For the University of Reading conference on Wednesday 2nd March:
Schools should complete the booking form here to register.
Places for these events are limited so will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Bookings close on 15th January 2016.
For the University of Oxford conference on Tuesday 15 March 2016, please click here.
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with the Study Higher team by either emailing email@example.com or calling 01865 484221