Every day, the media tells us our diets and lifestyles aren’t healthy enough: but what does it mean to live healthily?
This free Year 12 residential event allows you to explore that question and careers based around healthy living through subjects like Biology, Food Science, Psychology and Archaeology.
You’ll develop your research skills and work as part of a team to pull together an academic project on what you’ve learnt – an impressive achievement to mention in your personal statement when you apply to university!
You’ll also have the chance to experience undergraduate life outside of the lecture theatre through a range of social activities!
Please note the deadline for applications is 5pm Fri 15th June.
We welcome applications from all students interested in the residential. Please note, however, that priority will be given to students who:
- Reside in Study Higher target wards
- Are eligible for free school meals
- Have no family history of attending university
- Live in local authority care, or have lived in care
- Are young carers
- Are disabled or have a specific learning difficulty
- Are of black or minority ethnic origin
After we have received your application, we will be in touch to confirm your place after the deadline of 5pm Fri 15th June..