This year, our conference will be hosted by Bucks New University at Missenden Abbey, Buckinghamshire on Friday 24 June from 10am-3.30pm.
This one day conference will equip teachers and advisers with information and advice to prepare students for entry to higher education. Workshops will address key topics such as facilitating subjects and UCAS, and morning activities will allow the sharing of best practice and practical ideas for aspiration raising and the provision of information, advice and guidance in schools. You can download further details on each of the workshop choices at the bottom of this page.
The event is free to attend; places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. To book a place, please complete the online booking form.
09:30 - 10:00 Arrival and Refreshments
10:00 - 10:15 Opening
10:15 - 10:45 Key Speaker
Kylie Hazeldine, Assistant Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment at Bucks New University
10:45 - 11:45 Workshop 1
- Uni - Ready? Independent and Reflective Learners: Building that culture in your school - Robin Chu, Coach Bright
- Whole person, whole journey progression for all - Phillip Dent, Independent Progression Specialist and Research Fellow
- The four characteristics of happy and successful people - David Hodgson, The Buzz
11:45 - 12:05 Refreshments
12:05 - 13:05 Workshop 2
- How do you choose the right GCSE/A-Levels? What are facilitating subjects? - Hasna Zaher, University of Reading
- How to write an effective personal statement - Beckie Bartle, Oxford Brookes University
- Reference Writing - TBC, Bucks New Univeristy
- UCAS - Mat Welbourn, UCAS
13:05 - 14:05 Lunch
14:05 - 15:05 Workshop 3 See above (Delegates second choice from workshop 2)
15:05 - 15:15 Close and prize giving