The workshop focused on all aspects of University life including the numerous courses, costs, student loans, UCAS points and entry requirements through an interactive team game. Edit from the University of Reading went over the key issues of ‘Why I should go to University’ in more detail describing the benefits of pay, transferable skills and improved career prospects. Students were also directed to useful websites: www.unitasterdays.com / www.unistats.com/ www.careerpilot.org.uk /
Nova Hreod Academy commented that they are committed to raising the aspirations of their students to ensure they are well equipped to make the right choices about their futures and chosen career pathways. With Year 11’s now making their college applications it is important they consider their next steps in higher education as well as further education.
Study Higher were pleased to see that students found the information provided useful and received good positive feedback from the sessions. Some comments received can be found below;
· I now know more about the costs of university and how the student loans work. I would now consider going.
· It has given me lots of information about the different courses available to study and where I can study them.
· A very thorough insight into university.
· I now have a better knowledge of Sandwich courses and the possibilities of studying abroad.
· I really enjoyed today as it has encouraged me to pursue Higher Education in the futures.